The Mucky Duck is among Houston’s top-ranked venues for Texas folk, r&b, country, and Celtic music, and it has been named one of the Top 20 Sound Venues in the United States. The Mucky Duck has hosted big-name artists like Ezra Charles, Guy Clark, and even Lyle Lovett, while local bands and other renowned emo bands are regular entertainers. A Mucky Duck is cozy and comfortable, and the English or Irish inner ornaments add to the atmosphere. The bar serves international beers on tap or by bottle, and a wide selection of wines. Traditional Irish lagers like Guinness and Harp are popular among customers, but major manufacturers and other imported goods are also available. The Mcgonigel Mucky Duck also has a full bar menu. Traditional dishes include shepherd’s pie, cod and chips, and burgers.
- Every Monday is open mic night. There is never an entry fee for stand-up comedy writers, poets, narrators, or songwriters. Wednesday sessions at 8 p.m. are for Irish dance parties.
- McGonigel’s Mucky Duck is just a cozy Irish restaurant providing the liveliest music in Texas for decades. The Duck stage has played host to many legendary artists and Americana performers on the rise.
- The shows are sponsored four evenings per week, with showings available most evenings. The early night show starts at 7:00 pm, and people recommend guests arrive about an hour in advance to allow plenty of time for delicious food and discussion before the live performance starts. People have a great selection of upmarket beers, a liquor and wine list, and a tasting menu with made-from-scratch traditional foods and ethically raised and responsibly farmed menu items.
- During the late show, late show ticket buyers can also appreciate the meal and cocktail menu. If you favor arriving on time, you are welcome to enjoy a meal on the outdoor, encased patio while standing in line for your table. Chairs for the late-night show typically start around 9:15 p.m.
- All shows require an advance purchase of tickets. If you are unable to attend in person, purchase a Digital Ticket to show your support for The Mucky Duck and the artist.
McGonigel’s Mucky Duck is known best in Houston as a top live event space, but they’re also the town’s go-to spot for fantastic food and drinks.