Astigmatism is a common and generallytreatable imperfection in the eye’s curvature, which causes blurred distance and near vision. Astigmatism naturally occurs when the eye’s front surface (cornea) or the lens inside the eye hasmismatched curves. Instead of having one curve like a round ball, the surface becomes egg-shaped. This causes blurred vision at all distances. This problem can be cured using coloured contact lenses astigmatism Singapore.
How coloured contacts for astigmatism work
- Soft contact lenses which correct astigmatism are called toric lenses. These lenses generally have a more complex design than regular soft contact lenses. Astigmatism correction requires several lens powers in different parts of the lens. It also requires asymmetrical weighting to keep the toric lens from rotating on the eye during wearing.
- Enhancement tint: As the name says, these contact lenses merely enhance your natural eye color.
- Dailies Colour: These daily color contact lenses from Alcon come in four colors: mystic blue, grey, green, and hazel. They’re designed to enhance the natural eye color.
Considerations with coloured contacts for astigmatism
- We should always try to keep in mind that colored contacts for astigmatism tend to be made from older and less modern materials, Day points out. These materials generally aren’t permeable to oxygen, though they can still provide excellent vision and healthy eyes.
- There may also be occasions when the colored portion of the lens slides a bit over the pupil. This lens can create an unnatural look, particularly with opaque color contacts.
- The eye’s pupil changes itssize in response to different lighting conditions. In the dim light, the pupils tend to be larger than the transparent central portion of thetoric-colored contacts. In some cases, this can also affect the ability to see clearly.
Astigmatism is one of the most common refractive errors in clinical ophthalmic practice. Astigmatism’s significant visual and functional impacts indicate the importance of its reliable clinical management.